Marita from the brilliant “my dinner “food blog has so very kindly nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I am a big fan of Martia’s blog because it’s so unique, she mainly focuses on German and Lebanese recipes so you are sure to find something you have never tried before! Thank you Marita for the nomination.
The award recognises the unique voices of women bloggers around the world and nominees must
– Answer the 10 questions posed
– Nominate new bloggers for the award
-Pose 10 new questions to their nominated bloggers
I think it’s such a cute idea and it gives me the chance to write a bit more personally about myself as well as recognising blogs I love. But first to the questions:
1. Where does your blog name come from?
My blog name comes form one of my favourite child hood movies “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”. Its an amazing film about an inventor who lives in a windmill, he has two really cute children and ends up falling in love with a lady called Truly Scrumptious, building a flying car and they all go on a crazy adventure together. My favourite scene by far involves a machine that cooks your breakfast for you, have a look here
2. Why did you start blogging?
I often came up with random recipes inspired by other bloggers or just the ingredients I had lying around but I could never remember them later. Also I needed an outlet apart from Instagram for the number of pictures I was taking of food, one more reason is that it is easy to spend a lot on non-constructive time on the internet but blogging gives you a purpose and is very rewarding.
3. What spice do you use the most often in your recipes?
I most often use ras-al-hanout which is actually a spice mix of cumin, coriander, cardamon etc. Its just so handy for giving a quick burst of flavour to a dish, I used it in my latest post to make cauliflower gnocchi
4. What German dish intrigues you?
I am really intrigued by sauerkraut, my German friend bough some over to my house the other day. The reason it intrigues me is that I am so confused as to if I like it or not! It has such a powerful distinct and unusual flavour that I just can’t make up my mind. Maybe I need to start on sauerkraut light and work my way up.
5. How much time do you spend a week on your blog?
In the past I found it hard to be consistent with my blogging but now I’m aiming for 1-2 posts a week which means between 3-6 hours of dedicated time to my blog. But believe me I enjoy many more hours reading other peoples blogs, commenting and trawling Pinterest.
6. Which recipe on your blog do you think is the most successful and why?
One of my most popular recipes in my baileys bread and butter pudding I think its successful because it is really simple and people can easily imagine how creamy and delicious it is. Also quite rightly people love Baileys and want to find any way they can to eat it!
7. Do you prefer baking or cooking?
I love baking for relaxing because you can take your time and make something special. However I think I am more of a savoury gal so cooking is the ultimate winner.
8. What is your favourite food?
Ok here goes in no particular order: lobster, bulgar wheat, roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, seafood spaghetti, lentils with yoghurt, tabbouleh, passionfruit cheesecake, chocolate brownies, anything in creamy white wine sauce, mayonnaise,chocolate eclairs, paella, anchovies on pizza, ricotta, sushi, chicken noodle soup, sausage casserole, sweet potato mash… you get the idea, I pretty much love all the foods.
9. What is your favourite cocktail?
I used to work at a cocktail bar so I have tried a fair few. My all time favourite though was called a Choc Chip Coffetini which was basically an espresso martini topped with whipped cream and chocolate popping candy. More of a dessert than a cocktail if truth be told.
10. Who is your blog crush?
I come across so many amazing bloggers but one that I really admire for her very unique and beautiful food photography style is Eva from Adventures in cooking
My questions for you are:
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
2. What is your favourite cookery book?
3. What has been your most memorable ever meal?
4. What do you think is the best thing about blogging?
5. What is your favourite country/place you have ever visited?
6. What was the first meal you ever cooked for yourself?
7. Which recipe on your blog are you most proud of?
8. If you could have a super power which one would you choose?
9. Do you prefer cooking for others or eating out?
10.If you could invite anyone to dinner (alive or dead) who would you choose?
I look forwards to learning more about you from your answers 🙂